Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Continuations

The truck could only be heading in our direction.


A pang of fear enveloped my body, and I cringed in my seat. I looked back to the truck then to my mom, to the truck then to my dad, the truck then to my brother. Then, the world went spinning.


My eyes opened to a new world.

Coming off the plane, the stench of manure and sweat filled my nostrils. The crowd outside the terminal was immense, as if they were waiting for me. I knew I came here to serve others, but the DR seemed to serve me.




Movement was not an option with all the wiring around my body.

I rubbed my eyes to see a nurse standing over me. A clipboard was in her hand, righting down the information from the monitor. All I was thinking was, "What just happened?"

Worry suffocated my heart as I looked upon the limp frame of my mother.

Some men ran towards the wreckage and lifted her up. I was on the ground looking from some ten feet away. The car became a bunch of metal scraps tossed everywhere. I lay on the ground, worrying how my mother was. The trail of blood was my answer.

She made my heart skip a beat.

Every time I saw her, I could not stop looking. Something inside had a feel for her. I wanted to know her. I needed to know her. She was mine

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh daryl,
this piece is so amazing. i love reading your writing.

I always talk about how much i love writing and i feel like im really good at it, but reading your stuff is making me feel like i have a lot of work to do.

oh my gosh you have to call me, so we can discuss more about these blogs....