Friday, October 17, 2008

Dora's Continuations

I saw him everyday that summer, never imagining that I will never see him again, nor will anyone else





After he showed me the letter from the Guard, my eyes began to well. Tears began to blind my vision; my mouth remained closed. This blindness and silence would remain for a long time.



"I got your back, and anything else you need" my best friend said as we walked by a group of girls who we disliked.

Wrath grew in my soul. They looked with disgust, as the devil inside was fighting to come out. Eyes were met, and the atmosphere grew with intensity. The girls stepped in front of our path. I turned to see that Raquel was with me. I turned back. Pain. Anguish. "Yo, let's go!"

It wasn't meant to be.

His presence always brightened my day. His face glowed every time I saw him, making me feel special. He was the sunshine in my life. When I heard about Laquisha, the sun would never shine again.




There I was in the lunch line, standing next to a stranger, not knowing that a couple of months later she would be my best friend.

Walking down the line, I tripped on my shoelace and fell to the ground; papers flying, my face crying with closed eyes. Roshanda bent to to help me up. Her voice opened my eyes.

I've never cared about someone as much as this.

Love. Affection. Purpose. I felt that life could not be any better with Leonidas. Our feelings were mutual; we were one. Then, Patunia split us apart.

0 comments: