Monday, October 20, 2008

Forgiveness Letter

Dear Daryl,

            Words definitely speak louder than actions. The statements uttered out of your mouth that day have left a lasting mark on my heart.

 

            Daryl, I always told you to listen to me, but you did not. After every single time I was right, you persisted to not listen. Do you remember when I said to set a schedule for yourself? Do you remember when I said to ask those around you first before deciding anything? Do you remember that I love you?

            It does not matter, because you only remember how sad you were when you did the opposite of what I said. All I want to know is, “Why?” You know I love you, Daryl. I only wanted the best for you, yet you took the affection and care I had for you and threw it into the garbage. A relationship has to retain love from both parts, but when one says, “I hate you,” a relationship becomes split.

 

            Right after I heard you say that, I never thought our friendship would come back again. I began to hate you for saying that you hated me. I held our bond as a huge priority in my life, but when the person I care about does not care as much, why waste my time?

           

            That week became so miserable. I felt so lonely after we did not talk to each other. I realized how important you were to me, and that I have been hard on you. I could not live without you, so I want to forgive you, Daryl. I am sorry for whatever made you want to say that you hated me. It is okay, but just remember that I love you.

                                     Your brother always and forever,

                                     Devin

2 comments:

Macda Gerard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Macda Gerard said...

awww i like yours...and tell me why i just finished mine and decided to read other peoples and saw that we def hav a similar line but i wrote most of it on my way to my volleyball game......very wierd