Thursday, October 23, 2008

Letter to my Future Wife (#2)

Dearest Wife,

Where are you? Who are you? My heart desires your affection. I have been sick all my life, and you are my only cure. My soul feels no fire, no passion, no purpose. I need you to feel complete.

I have been thinking about you everyday of my life. I always wonder if my eyes have seen you yet. Maybe there has been a glance; maybe I see you all the time. I feel blind without you in sight.

I have been thinking about you everyday of my life. I always wonder if my ears have heard you yet. Maybe there have been a couple of words overheard; maybe I hear you all the time. I feel deaf without your voice near.

I have been thinking about you everyday of my life. I always wonder if my mouth has spoke to you. Maybe there have been words exchanged; maybe I speak to you all the time. I feel mute without you to talk to.

I have been thinking about you everyday of my life. I always wonder if my nose has smelled you. Maybe a whiff of your scent; maybe I smell you all the time. I feel my nostrils stuffed without you to smell.

I have been thinking about you everyday of my life. I always wonder if my skin has touched your skin. Maybe a slight brush as our arms bump into each other; maybe I feel you all the time. I feel untouchable without your essence close.

Honey, you fulfill me. You bring me into a state of awe and wonder. I can imagine that you look like the fall foliage, speak like the smooth, beating waves of the ocean, listen like one to their conscience, smell like a fresh batch of roses, and feel like the soft skin of a baby. Baby, you are perfect, and I cannot wait to meet you. Be safe, my love.

Your love,

Daryl

0 comments: