Saturday, November 29, 2008

From Proctor (in heaven) to Abigail 1 Year Later

Dear Abigail,

            Remember me, John Proctor? Probably not, for I guess that you have moved onto another man, or should I say men. I am the one you infatuated, once loved. You broke my wife, Elizabeth, and I apart. All your love was mere pretense for you later framed and defamed me. Your actions brought upon my death.

            I have hopefully sparked a memory in your childish brain. I may have done lechery with you, yet God found a place for me in his kingdom. In the end, goodness won my heart. I realized that the Lord was the final judge of everything, no one else .  With this epiphany, I found God and allowed for Danforth to hang me. I died with darkness in my heart, yet awoke to a new light, the light of heaven.

            Though I still loathe you, I would like to give you my forgiveness. This concept may seem foreign to you for you are the Devil, but the goodness of God has motivated me to forget our differences and love the sinner. With my new understanding of Our Father, I have realized that we are all human, and He made us imperfect. I should not hate you, but the actions you have done.

            Abigail, I beg of you to leave your past behind and go onto the road to heaven. It is hard to forget what you did to me, but when God took me in his hands, I realized that evil would never overcome. God has opened my eyes, and he could do the same to yours. In heaven, everyone is equal. You do not have to worry about your reputation and never have to feel pride. Lying is not a necessity, something we both know you seem to worship. One just has to embrace God’s love and always try to share that love onto others. You once loved me Abigail; show me that it was true.

                                                                                                Proctor

0 comments: